Objective: Assemble your equipment, ensuring that all components are safely attached and that all safe diving protocols are followed.
Value: Correct assembly of your equipment will ensure that your equipment is safe for you to dive.
How It’s Done:
- Tighten the BCD cylinder straps, and position them correctly on the cylinder.
- Secure the regulator’s first stage to the cylinder pillar valve facing the BCD.
- Ensure that the primary second stage and alternate air source are routed over the right BCD shoulder strap.
- Attach the LPI hose to BCD inflator.
- Check that the SPG is registering zero pressure.
- Slowly open the cylinder valve and allow the pressure to build up before fully opening the cylinder valve. Note what the cylinder pressure is.
- Breathe from the primary second stage, and watch the needle on the SPG to ensure it does not move.
- If it does move, either the cylinder valve is not completely open or there is a fault with the SPG.
- Remember that the regulator delivers air at ambient pressure so it should feel like normal breathing.