Objective: Inspect your own and your buddy’s equipment to ensure that all components are operating properly.
Value: Completing a pre-dive check will familiarize the buddy team with how each other’s equipment works and how different equipment designs work.
How It’s Done: Use the BRAID mnemonic to help you check the equipment where:
- B stands for buoyancy and weights.
- R stands for regulators and releases.
- A stands for air or gas checks.
- I stands for instruments.
- D stands for “diver is OK to dive.”