Put on your gear together so you are both ready at the same time to enter the water. Follow the recommended dive center or boat procedures. Assemble your scuba unit and make the necessary checks and adjustments.
- Put your gear near the water’s edge completely ready or on the dive boat where the crew have advised you.
- Make sure you have all your accessories ready for the dive, and clean or prepare your mask.
- Put on your exposure suit, booties, and hood (if needed).
- Put on your weight belt. Then, ask your buddy or dive professional to help you put on your scuba unit. Put on fins, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Lastly, do a buddy check before entering the water.
Before you get into the water, make sure you secure and streamline your equipment.
- When underwater, move slow and steady.
- Minimize hand movements.
- Use your fins to maneuver while keeping a horizontal body position.