You may not be too familiar with the features or the differences among the types of scuba diving equipment because there are so many types and designs. The most important feature is comfort. In addition, the equipment should be functional for the type of diving activities that interest you. Your RAID Instructor and/or dive center can help you with your purchases and offer advice on different types of equipment needed for the different diving areas. They will help you personalize your fit and meet your diving needs.
The following are the unit objectives.
- Describe the equipment scuba divers use
- List helpful hints on maintaining your equipment
- Describe the operation of your equipment
- List the general rules for using scuba cylinders
- List the main rules for using a dive computer