Check the following according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
Equipment Regulator Components
- Factory-sealed components should not be opened for repair except by qualified manufacturer technicians. If you suspect a problem with the regulator, take it to your dive center to be checked.
- Check if the PDC battery is OK after every dive and before every dive. Carry at least two spares in a waterproof case when practical..
Most O-rings are sealed inside your regulator, but there is an external one that connects the regulator to the tank in both a DIN fitting and an old-fashioned clamp or yoke fitting. This external O-ring needs to be to inspected and changed if it is damaged. Here are the general steps.
- Carefully inspect prior to scuba unit assembly.
- Replace damaged O-rings with manufacturer's recommended products.
- Check the O-ring groove for damage.
- Do use a plastic pick to remove O-rings rather than a sharp metal one as you can cause damage to the sealing surface by scoring or scratching it.
- Check for visible damage after every dive.
- Do not carry and/or lift equipment by any of the hoses.
- Do not place heavy equipment on and/or store hoses under stress.
- Ensure all is completely dry to prevent mold inside.
- Protect the DIN threads from damage.
- Perform visual inspections regularly.
- Before each dive, fully inflate the BCD. Check for leaks, and make sure the dump valves are working.