Objective: Fully remove, replace, and clear your mask while you are underwater.
Value: If you should need to adjust the mask strap, or remove or replace a hood, you will need to master removing the mask, replacing it, and clearing it of water.
How It’s Done:
- Slowly flood your mask by pinching the mask skirt.
- Allow the water to fully fill the mask.
- Hold your mask with the other hand, and lift it off your face and head.
- Tilt your head to the right to keep bubbles from going up your nose.
- Hold the mask firmly in front of you. For orientation, locate the nose pocket of the mask with your fingers.
- After one minute, replace the mask on your face. Then pull the mask strap over your head to secure it.
- Once the mask is in place, clear the mask exactly as you learned in the “Partial Mask Flood and Clear (Shallow Water)” skill.