Make sure you are prepared for each dive. Have all your planning done, and ensure the rest of your team is ready as well. Pay close attention to the following to be sure that you have done everything to give yourself the best experience.
- Ensure your gear is properly maintained according to the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Don’t dive if you feel unwell.
- Don’t ignore small equipment problems. Even a tiny issue can become serious underwater.
- Properly plan your dive with your buddy or team.
- Plan to dive within your limitations.