Objective: With minimal assistance, remove and replace the weight system while you are underwater.
Value: You may remove your weight system while you are underwater to adjust your weight without returning to the surface.
How It’s Done:
- If you are using a weight belt, follow these steps.
- To release the belt:
- Make sure you are in a comfortable position and in control of your buoyancy.
- Release the weight belt buckle, and grasp the free end so that the weights don’t slide off.
- Pull the belt away from your body, but keep it close so that you do not topple over. Do not drop the weight belt.
- To replace the belt:
- Hold an end in one hand, pass the belt around you and below your equipment, and grasp the other end with your other hand.
- Lie forward with your face down, and secure the belt. Remember that you need to use “right-hand release,” so make sure the belt is around you correctly.
- If you are using integrated weights, remove one side at a time and replace it before removing the other one. This will keep you from losing a weight.